Wednesday, January 16, 2008

I feel like crap today....but I'll tell you about my trip to Grand Rapids anyways

Just before the Holidays, I had a slight case of bronchitus. I am starting to think that I did not recover from it fully, because today I feel horrible. My chest hurts really bad when I cough and I have a sinus headache. I called my ENT Dr. and of course, they can't get me in until NEXT Thursday!!!! That is ridiculous in my opinion. I think that they should keep at least one appointment open each day, for cases like myself who need to be seen immedietly. So I guess I will be going to the walk-in, again, where they probably won't prescribe me the right medicine, which is probably why I never got rid of it entirely in the first place!!!! But anyways, back to Grand Rapids....

So yesterday, I got to skip out on work(one of the perks of being very slow/having dad as my boss) and go to Grand Rapids to meet with my wedding coordinator and Florist. I was quite excited about this, since we had only met with the Florist briefly once before. I must say, I was VERY impressed with his visions of what he pictured for our Wedding. I won't go into great detail because I still want the decor to be a surprise, but Cymbidium Orchids and Cala Lilies will play a big part. So I am just hoping when we get the estimate it won't put my parents into cardiac arrest, although I'm pretty sure whatever the number we will be able to hopefully work around. So everyone keep your fingers crossed for me. So after the Florist left, we talked about Ceremony and Reception music. I am thinking about bringing in a Pianist for the Ceremony and then having a Jazz trio for the Cocktail hour. Matt really likes the idea of having some jazz in the mix, so I just hope it all works out and a good one is available. So between the 2 hour meeting with the Florist and 45 minutes or so with the planner, lets just say I was sick of talking about Wedding stuff. So she suggested a place for my Mom and I to go for Mother of the Bride outfits. So off to Daniel's we were...

What a great store! I had never heard of it, but I will def be going back. They cater to both men and women and also have some great accessories as well. After trying on about 12 different dresses, my Mom was going to settle for one she really liked, but not sure she loved, until I brought in one more that I found hidden on the rack, and it looked fabulous on her! So all in all, it was a successful trip.

1 comment:

Lori said...

Wow, your making good progress, your going to have everything done before summer and then you can just relax, or I guess probably work.
Sorry about the bronchitis, don't you have a family doctor who could see you since your ENT can't?